About the role:
Setpoint is building the next-gen infrastructure for asset-backed lending.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team!
This is an opportunity to have a big impact on our product strategy implementation and partner with multiple functions across the organization. You will own major product features across the stack from design to launch. The ideal candidate can manage a variety of projects, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a fast growing company.
Who will love this job:
- Owners - you can create great features and solve problems without detailed requirements
- Product-focused engineers - for you, the user’s experience is never an afterthought
- Doers - you develop creative solutions that remove blockers and ship great products
What you’ll do:
- Own full product features - we understand customer needs and turn them into great features
- Invest in developer experience - easy to use dev tools are an important part of keeping our team moving fast
- Work with a modern tech stack - we use Python/Flask, NextJS/React and Tailwind CSS. However, prior experience in these technologies is not required
You should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a backend software engineer
- Embraces rapid prototyping with a tight customer-feedback loop
- Interest in taking ownership of major initiatives
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
- Excited to learn and receive feedback from other team members
Setpoint provides purpose-built capital and technology to asset-backed borrowers and lenders. Our platform is the funding operating system for originators: it verifies and stores documents; automates interest rate calculations; and digitizes assets like homes or cars. Setpoint’s technology makes warehouse transactions instant and error free.
Our capital is custom-tailored to the needs of the fast growing proptech sector focused on single family residential assets and to date Setpoint has funded over $2bn in debt capital. We aspire to make credit more widely available and the underlying assets and loans more liquid, because when credit is widely available, flexible, and inexpensive more consumers can participate in home ownership.
In December 2022, Setpoint announced a $43M Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Stonecroft, 75andSunny, FifthWall, 645 Ventures, NextView Ventures, LiveOak Venture Partners, Vesta Ventures, and ATX Venture Partners.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, and flexible vacation. Setpoint has offices in Austin, New York, and Park City, UT and we’re currently hiring remote team members.
Setpoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.