About the role:
Setpoint is building the next-gen infrastructure for real estate and asset-backed lending.
Setpoint provides purpose-built capital and technology to asset-backed borrowers and lenders. Our technology makes warehouse transactions instant and error free. Setpoint is the funding operating system for originators: it verifies and stores documents; automates interest rate calculations; and digitizes assets like homes or autos.
Our capital is custom-tailored to the needs of the fast-growing proptech sector focused on single family residential assets. To date Setpoint has funded over $2B in debt capital. We aspire to make credit more widely available and the underlying assets and loans more liquid, because when credit is widely available, flexible, and inexpensive more consumers can participate in home ownership.
In December 2022, Setpoint announced a $43M Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Stonecroft, 75andSunny, FifthWall, 645 Ventures, NextView Ventures, LiveOak Venture Partners, Vesta Ventures, and ATX Venture Partners. The company also announced that it is on track to power 25,000 home transactions this year and expects to power more than 100,000 in 2023 via SFR, iBuying, Power Buying, Fractional Ownership, Rent-to-Own, and other transactions that make buying, selling and renting a home easier, faster and more accessible.
Setpoint is looking for a Funding Operations Specialist to join our team!
This is an opportunity to have a big impact and partner with multiple functions across the organization. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational skills, understanding of excel and banking software, and a desire to create a great experience for our customers. They will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a fast-growing company. This role reports directly to the Vice President.
Who will love this job:
- An organizer - you pride yourself on your organizational skills and have exceptional attention to detail
- A great communicator – you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A multi-tasker – you can manage multiple priorities and execute them effectively within their deadlines
- A problem-solver - you can quickly get to expert status in new areas, understand what’s most important and solve problems
- A process driver - you can pick up complex systems and design repeatable solutions
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with Setpoint's Vice President and Senior Accountant to track customer funding requests and ensure that each property is funded quickly and accurately
- Track customer payoffs, update Setpoint’s internal system accordingly, and remit any excess payoffs back to the customer
- Create relationships with borrowers and communicate information related to fundings and payoffs
- Create monthly investor reporting detailing all fundings and payoffs
- Collaborate with Setpoint’s product management and engineering teams to develop tools to ensure accurate and efficient funding
You should have:
- 1-3 years's experience in accounting, funding operations, or title/escrow operations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Analytical mindset and ability to work on complex problems
- Effective internal and external communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and banking software
Setpoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.