About the role:
Setpoint is building the next-gen infrastructure for real estate and asset-backed lending.
Setpoint provides purpose-built capital and technology to asset-backed borrowers and lenders. Our platform is the funding operating system for originators: it verifies and stores documents; automates interest rate calculations; and digitizes assets like homes or autos. Setpoint’s technology makes warehouse transactions instant and error free.
Our capital is custom-tailored to the needs of the fast growing proptech sector focused on single family residential assets and to date Setpoint has funded over $2bn in debt capital. We aspire to make credit more widely available and the underlying assets and loans more liquid, because when credit is widely available, flexible, and inexpensive more consumers can participate in home ownership.
In December 2022, Setpoint announced a $43M Series A led by Andreessen Horowitz with participation from Stonecroft, 75andSunny, FifthWall, 645 Ventures, NextView Ventures, LiveOak Venture Partners, Vesta Ventures, and ATX Venture Partners. The company also announced that it is on track to power 25,000 home transactions this year and expects to power more than 100,000 in 2023 via SFR, iBuying, Power Buying, Fractional Ownership, Rent-to-Own, and other transactions that make buying, selling and renting a home easier, faster and more accessible.
Setpoint is looking for an Associate to join our team!
This is an opportunity to have a big impact and partner with multiple functions across the organization. The ideal candidate can quickly achieve expert status in new areas and functions, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and welcome the dynamic environment that comes with a fast growing company.
Who will love this job:
- A problem-solver - you can quickly get to expert status in new areas, understand what’s most important and solve problems
- A process driver - you can pickup complex systems and design repeatable solutions
- A data-driven thinker - you can use data and analysis to drive decision making
- A great communicator – you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- A multi-tasker – you can manage multiple priorities and set frameworks for how to execute them effectively within their deadlines
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with customers and Setpoint’s Capital, Product and Engineering teams to onboard new portfolio companies. Train and enable customers to use Setpoint’s software
- Build out infrastructure and implement best practices around data collection, reporting and analysis across portfolio companies
- Develop and maintain models for forecasting, cash management, and market/risk exposure
- Collaborate with senior management on messaging and marketing for investors and borrowers
You should have:
- 3-5 years of finance experience; credit experience is a plus
- Experience managing client relationships, project management and comfort with technical and/or financial documentation
- Demonstrated track record of using data and insights to impact and improve business decisions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity; can bring structure and focus to complex questions
- Strong financial modeling ability and excellent analytical, problem-solving, and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize appropriately and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Team player with the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams
Who we are:
Setpoint is both a credit fund and a technology platform that’s purpose built for real estate and asset-backed lending. Setpoint expects to deploy over $1B of capital and is on track to power 25,000 home transactions in 2022. Setpoint Technologies is a c-corp technology platform that earns SaaS and transaction fees. The company was formed in 2021.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, and flexible vacation. Setpoint has offices in New York and Austin, and we’re currently hiring remote team members.
Setpoint provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.